Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Friending is the process of adding someone to your Friend's List on either your 3DS or your Wii U. On both Wii U & 3DS you can have up to 100 Friends.
- Message (16 character limit for both)
- Register Friend (Give a user a 63 character Friend Request & the latter must accept) (Dependent on settings) (Wii U) (Exchange Friend Codes) (3DS)
- Friend Count (Tells you how many friends are Online)
- Favorite Game (Tells you & others your favorite game) (3DS only)
- Join Game (Lets you join a friend's game)
- Currently Playing (Tells you what a person is playing at the moment you look at the person's account.)
Things Related to Friending That Can Get you Banned
- Exchanging Friend Codes, NNIDs, (Even though there is a legit way allowed) & other friend codes (ex. Xbox Live & PSN IDs)
- Letting others use your Nintendo Network ID (can lead to ID suspension)
- Asking people to give you what is listed above
- Including the Wii (Miiverse was not out for that system) The maximum number of Friends have always been 100 for Nintendo systems (tied with PS3 & Xbox 360) & 10x less than the PS4 & the Xbox One (Even though the Wii U is in the same generation as those 2 systems.
- Even though you can friend people on the Wii U version of Miiverse via a button on user's profiles any other method is restricted.
- The fact that the 3DS version has no friending system via Miiverse makes for a very controversial topic & it technically makes the 3DS Friend's List feature "underutilized."